[squeak-dev] Using Environments (was: porting VW code to squeak)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Dec 20 16:11:44 UTC 2019

Can you explain how this worked once the FileSystem-Git package
was loaded into a different environment? If I understand correctly,
you would have the ST-80 class named 'Path' in the default Smalltalk
environment, and you would also have the FileSystem class named
'Path' in a different environment.

To start making use of FileSystem-Git in the different environment,
is it simply a matter of changing the current environment from
Smalltalk to the different environment? And/or is there some mechanism
for explicitly specifying which of the two 'Path' classes is being
referenced?

Sorry if this is a repeat question, I am quite sure that you have
explained this previously but I am (obviously) a bit confused.

Thanks,
Dave