[squeak-dev] [BUG] Smart splitters unstable

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 15:58:34 UTC 2019

On 22/12/19 7:47 PM, Jakob Reschke wrote:
> 19285 on Windows x64 here. It was in yet-unpublished code, but I can
> also make it wobble/jitter in a Trunk class as well:
> 1. in Kernel-Classes, select BasicClassOrganizer,
> 2. leave method category unselected (so all methods are shown),
> 3. manually make the class list as narrow as possible,
> 4. then right-click on the splitter between class list and method
> category list.

I can reproduce it on #19825 Linux 64.

> It does not wobble if you don't resize the panes before you invoke smart
> splitters.
> It does not wobble if you drag the splitter in the same direction in
> which the smart splitting would move it.

It does not wobble if I shrink the pane but not to the minimum.
It does not wobble if I expand the window, right click and then shrink it.

> While it is wobbling, I can "push" the splitters away by moving the
> cursor close to them, but not directly on them.
I found this difficult to do because the wobble was quite fast.
But if I click in class pane, the wobbling stops but the two method
panes are blank. I have to select BasicClassOrganizer again to see the
list. From now on, there is no wobble even if I shrink it to the minimum
and right click.

Looks like the stepping is not stopped under some conditions.

Regards .. Subbu