[squeak-dev] Preference settings for 5.3 release

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Dec 24 23:29:41 UTC 2019

There's an extra complication I notice after trying out my submission for saving/loading preferences - if you click on the 'default' button in the PreferencesBrowser you get a strange set of options derived from Preferences class>>#chooseInitialSettings (including a very different set of halo icons)
This uses the default values set in each preference see Preferences class>>#alternateHandlesLook for one example.  In at least a few cases these don't agree with the values set in ReleaseBuilder class>>#setPreferences.

So we have a default setup created when building the release, a default set made from the code versions and some set via pragmas. And some via themes - which can get set via the dock Extras->Themes & Colors menu, or differently via the world->appearance->choose set of preferences and probably other ways.

 I think maybe we should try to simplify this for the next release...

tim
"How many Motie Mediators does it take to chage a lightbulb?”
"Are you insane? Only Crazy Eddie would want to change *anything*!"