[squeak-dev] The Trunk: SUnitGUI-cmm.78.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 07:17:12 UTC 2019

Hi Christoph, Hi Jakob,

Okay, no biggie, I don't have strong feelings on this one, but what I
noticed, without this fix, setting Reuse Windows enabled or disabled, has
no effect on the Test Runner.  Even though we know why, to the casual
observer, it appears to be a "bug" and, from the sense that SUnit browser
WAS developed as a "global" singleton browser, it is.

> This commit makes it impossible to have multiple TestRunners opened side
by side. For me, this is clearly a drawback.  Why force unnecessary
singletons?

Heh, nothing is forced.  You can use the green halo or turn off the
preference.  Do you use the preference?  I thought I was the only one.  :)

There's no way, through normal IDE intreactions currently, to open it with
a pre-selection.  If we can make SUnit browser do that in next release,
then Reuse Windows will have something to select off of.  As of now, it
doesn't in normal IDE usage.

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 8:22 AM Jakob Reschke <forums.jakob at resfarm.de>
wrote:

> I concur with Christoph; -1
>
> Even if it were not possible to open the tool with a preselection, you
> will still assemble a test suite through manual selection.

Reuse Windows depends on the pre-selection, but if a certain model *can't*,
the idea is that Reuse Windows should at least do *something* for this
browser..

> Then you may want to run a different test suite, but keep the test
> suite/selection in the first browser to come back later.

Sure.  I do it all the time.  Green halo.

Green halo has many uses...  :)

Best,
  Chris