[squeak-dev] Annoying list morph selection/menu click bug

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Dec 31 06:45:06 UTC 2019

> On 2019-12-30, at 9:33 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But since what you really meant is, "all of Tim's various directories,"

Yes. Because I work in many places on many machines. Which is different that how you work. So I need different solutions. I don't think like you. So I need different solutions.

> The wrong answer is,
>
>    - "Open a Preferences window,
>    - click "Save To Disk" button
>    - navigate to first desired directory, DON'T get this wrong (yeah, right...)
>    - click "OK" to accept the default name
>     - Repeat from the third step, above,
>           for EACH additional desired directory,
>           and DON'T miss any directories" (yeah, right...)

Or actually correctly
set preferences after taking a look around for new ones etc
click 'save to disk'
click 'accept' unless I want to change the name

> I am using... wonder how I could do that...
>
> Squeak's FileBrowser window  a tool *designed* to do file management.

The FileSaverDialogue uses the same components to do the same job of moving around the file tree if you need to do that.

Whilst in the bigger picture the entire preferences system needs rewriting, right now we don't have time. I've offered a small improvement  to a tool you claim not to use. If people don't like it, it won't be in the release.

I. Don't. Care.

tim
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.