[squeak-dev] Bug? Alt+Num no longer autocompletes arguments (on linux)

Beckmann, Tom Tom.Beckmann at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Dec 31 07:59:50 UTC 2019

Hey everyone,

disclaimers: not entirely sure if we currently have an RC version. I have tested on the most recent trunk build, on linux. Also, I think I saw a mail on that topic, so maybe it is intentional behavior.

Alt+num in the Browser/TextEditors no longer pastes the num-th argument at the cursor. Instead, it focuses the dockingbar menuitems. I am running with the default preferences (meaning "duplicate all"). The code that catches away the events is found in DockingBarMorph>>filterEvent:for:, I suppose recent changes in the translation of alt/ctrl to command have caused this change in behavior.

If given the choice, I would much prefer my arguments to be completed, rather than focusing the menu via the alt+num shortcut.

Best,
Tom