[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2019

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Feb 6 04:27:54 UTC 2019

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 04:46:21PM -0500, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:
> Hello Everyone!
>
> First a big thank you to everyone that ran for a board seat and all of you
> that voted! This is a great community and we are looking forward to a great
> year ahead!
>
> And now please help me welcome the new 2019 Squeak Board Members!

Thanks Ron, and thanks to all who volunteered to run for the board, and all
who voted.

A special welcome to new board member Ben Coman, and return member Chris Muller.

Ben, if I am not mistaken you are based in Western Australia, which is
great because we have many under-represented Squeakers in Japan about
one hour away from you on the time zone map.

As luck would have it, we have a Squeak oversight board meeting scheduled
for tomorrow, not too many hours from now. It's probably too late to coordinate
all the incoming and emeritus members, but we do have an open agenda item
to pick a new and better meeting time for our meetings.

Given that we now have a GMT+08:00 member on the board, I would like to
suggest a board meeting time of 22:00 GMT for future meetings:

proposedMeetingTime := '22:00' asTime. "GMT"
t := proposedMeetingTime asDateAndTime makeUTC. "proposedMeetingTime time today"
{
	'meeting time GMT' -> t asString.
	'ben in western australia' -> (t localOffsetSeconds: 8 hours asSeconds) asTime.
	'craig in amsterdam' -> (t localOffsetSeconds: 1 hours asSeconds) asTime.
	'marcel in potsdam' -> (t localOffsetSeconds: 1 hours asSeconds) asTime.
	'dave in michigan' -> (t localOffsetSeconds: 5 hours asSeconds negated) asTime.
	'chris in middle america' -> (t localOffsetSeconds: 6 hours asSeconds negated) asTime.
	'tim in vancouver island' -> (t localOffsetSeconds: 8 hours asSeconds negated) asTime.
	'bert in magdeburg' -> (t localOffsetSeconds: 1 hours asSeconds) asTime.
	'bert in california' -> (t localOffsetSeconds: 8 hours asSeconds negated) asTime.
} "==> {'meeting time GMT'->'2019-02-05T22:00:00+00:00' .
	'ben in western australia'->6:00 am .
	'craig in amsterdam'->11:00 pm .
	'marcel in potsdam'->11:00 pm .
	'dave in michigan'->5:00 pm .
	'chris in middle america'->4:00 pm .
	'tim in vancouver island'->2:00 pm .
	'bert in magdeburg'->11:00 pm .
	'bert in california'->2:00 pm}"

This of course requires that some of us be awake at 6:00am, and that others
be not asleep at 11:00pm, but I offer it as a starting suggestion :-)

Dave