[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-topa.806.mcz

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 12:44:18 UTC 2019

Yes, sorry, after seeking cbc-Interval-related-changes,
I wanted to clean a bit the inbox where there is too much cruft accumulated.

I remembered that this change was rejected, but since it was in history, I
moved it to trunk.
Currently, this method is not active despite the ancestry.
It could have been rejected as a merge conflict, but there is no merge
conflict!
Unless the Collections-topa.806 in ancestry was a different package?
The ancestor ID is the same: 46b95db5-a773-4113-92f0-5ee905404b49
So it was just manually reverted by Patrick in Collections-pre.818 which is
not a simple merge, but a merge + local changes.
I see no problem in having Collections-topa.806 in the history, though it's
not very usefull.
Note that 'browse revisions' menu does not mention this branch because it
seems that it does not explore each and every branch.

About UUID, note that anyone doing this cleaning must remember that MC
interface is somehow dangerous.
It marks ancestors with normal font and non ancestors with bold font.
But this is based on ancestor name (the information we easily get from the
server).
Unfortunately, there are several instances of false ancestors (same package
name-author-.number with different UUID)
For example, all the Installer-Core packages currently in inbox are
conflicting with the ones in trunk (different UUID, different contents).

Once we click on the package, we have access to its UUID (which is
displayed in the UI).
Maybe the UI should mark it in bold red in order to warn us that this is a
false ancestor!
That would be helpful.