[squeak-dev] The Trunk: 60Deprecated-tpr.32.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Feb 25 01:38:36 UTC 2019

> On 2019-02-24, at 4:09 PM, Fabio Niephaus <lists at fniephaus.com> wrote:
>
> Looks like FileDirectory>>uri is still sending asURI which broke ProjectLauncher (see [1]).

Ooh, ouch. Yes that tiny pinhole leads to a small number of important usages. Bugger.

So, since a URL is (apparently) a subset of a URI, and we have the barely used URI class and the modest tree of Url classes, is there anybody that would like to integrate them into a nice clean up to date system? It's well outside the range of my things to tackle anytime soon.

Just for the record, the only 'leak' I noticed is #asURI being used in FileDirectory>>uri which leaks through FileDirectory class>>#fullPathForURI: and one tiny use in ProjectLauncher>>#startUpAfterLogin

tim
Trancelators interpret messages from the dead