[squeak-dev] The Trunk: 60Deprecated-tpr.32.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Feb 25 22:32:24 UTC 2019

> On 2019-02-25, at 2:11 PM, Jakob Reschke <forums.jakob at resfarm.de> wrote:
>
> The problem is the notifier appearing and blocking progress until you press proceed. Nobody does that on the CI, of course, so it hangs the build.

Ah, yes I see. Of course, one could set the deprecation preference to avoid that in auto-builds but it is certainly better to be clean where possible.

> The problem persists because of the #deprecated: send in URI class>>basicNew.

Gah; fixed this time, really.
Probably.

So who feels like implementing some Browser code to help with deprecating  - a method would be edited to add the #deprecated message and moved to a suitable package and a class would have the comment amended, the package changed and #basicNew added. De-deprecating would be helpful too, apparently...

tim
This is all a lot simpler and a lot more complicated than you could possibly imagine