[squeak-dev] [Please Review] Some updates for resize grips

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:39:51 UTC 2019

Hi Marcel,

As we derive colors from other colors, it seems like the "Dark" themes will
generally be consistently the inverse of the normal daytime themes.  Like,
in this example,  AbstractResizerMorph>>#handleColor defaults to
"muchDarker".  I see you allowed themes to specify a resizerColorModifier,
that's a cool customization, but do you think there is a commonality among
themes under 50% luminance which would have them generally wanting to go
with #muchLighter all around?  Currently they all have to duplicated in
each dark theme, for each attribute.

What if, alternatively, a testing method in UserInterfaceTheme (#isDark or
whatever) could allow these places to derive one way or the other (darker
or lighter) depending on that boolean attribute, since this needing to go
either darker or lighter seems like a recurring theme (sorry for the pun!
:)  ).

Another option may be to have instead of resizerColorModifier, simply a
#colorModifier in general.  That would at least require only one per theme,
instead of one per theme per widget.  Interested in your thoughts.

Best,
  Chris