[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-tpr.1048.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jan 7 21:10:01 UTC 2019

> On 2019-01-07, at 12:50 PM, Chris Cunningham <cunningham.cb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So, this removed these clasese from the collection:
>   ChangeSorter
>   CornerGripMorph
>   MCMcdReader
>   MCMcmReader
>   MCMczReader

The CornerGripMorph was a cause of the bug that resulted in me keeping an old email tagged as something to work on, so that needed to go. I'm not sure about the MCM* entries to be honest; after all the code intended to create the registry is very explicit about avoiding inherited messages.

Is that mechanism the best one for building a registry? Explicitly cutting out inherited messages cuts both ways - making it that you don't add something just because it inherits from Object but also making it so that subclasses have to be explicitly fudged. Either way requires implementors to be fully aware of the issues, which in turn means that there needs to be some decent documentation of expectations in a place where one is likely to look.

> It also seems to have added this class to the list
>   DummyToolWorkingWithFileList

I *think* that would be appropriate since it seems to be testing the registration.

> I'm not sure if we should be worried, but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for taking the time.

tim
No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood