[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Monticello-tpr.693.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jan 21 01:30:55 UTC 2019

> On 2019-01-19, at 11:04 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>

>> On 2019-01-19, at 10:27 AM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The problem is you have your timeout set to low,
>
> Well, strictly speaking, the #httpGet.... method has that problem, not any code I touched. A longer timeout does sound like a better solution.

I think, maybe, perhaps, possibly, that since the error I saw was a 504, that the too-short timeout might have been in the context of the gateway, rather than "our" code? Is that plausible?

tim
If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor and when was the last time you needed one? -- Tom Cargin