[squeak-dev] SmallWorld (was Re: Little Smalltalk)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Tue Jan 22 09:34:05 UTC 2019

I was pleased to discover the other day "SmallWorld", Tim Budd's own
derivative of Little Smalltalk. Russell Allen has recently been keeping
it running. It looks like SmallWorld was written in 2004; Russell
Allen's version was updated most recently in 2015.

 - Tim Budd's (not completely functional) page on SmallWorld:
   http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~budd/SmallWorld/ReadMe.html

 - Russell Allen's SmallWorld:
   https://github.com/russellallen/SmallWorld

I've been experimenting with using high-level languages to write tiny
VMs (direct interpreter, JIT, and partial-evaluating JIT) compatible
with SmallWorld images.

Cheers,
  Tony