[squeak-dev] Server timeouts and 504 return codes

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Jan 28 08:07:18 UTC 2019

Hi

> On 28.01.2019, at 03:56, John Pfersich via Squeak-dev <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> I know that it mostly a cost and reconfiguration thing, but has there been any thought to maybe make multiple servers? With the front end doing a round robin to distribute the load? I’m saying this without knowing what kind of loads the server is experiencing, or whether there are log files that record the activity.

That's what squeaksource3 on gemstone is doing, actually.
Three FCGI-servers (gems) serving the web interface and files, if necessary.
also, one extra gem to collect stale seaside sessions and one extra gem to do async things like update statistics and send out emails.
(The Squeak version of that uses Squeak processes for that and is probably not as resilient…)

Best regards
	-Tobias