[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-tonyg.1212.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:36:29 UTC 2019

Hi Tony,

> On 1/29/19 9:20 PM, Chris Muller wrote:
> >     ExternalSettings preferenceDirectory  "print it"
> > Whatever directory that is, make a file called 'mcSettings' in this format:
> >     account1: *source.squeak.org/* [your mime64-encoded PW]
>
> Thanks for the tip! I'll do that.

Slight adjustment.  The [your mime64-encoded PW] is actually the
string which is 'id:pw'.

   (Base64MimeConverter mimeEncode: 'user:password' readStream) contents

See comment at MCHttpRepository>>#userAndPasswordFromSettingsDo:.

> > When you do commit it, please consider simply loading your method into
> > a new version that descends directly from Kernel-mt.1211 instead of
> > also merging the old 1153.
>
> OK, I'll also do that. When I get access to my account again (I've
> emailed box-admins; long story short, it doesn't accept my password and
> it seems to have forgotten that the appropriate email address for
> initials 'tonyg' is 'tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com', so I can't even reset
> my password) I'll move the "inbox" revs I just uploaded to "treated
> inbox" and do it again properly.

Okay, I just updated your email to that.  The PW hash is invalid
though (nil).  As I prefer not to "set" your pw, let's see if you are
able to get it corrected via the web interface now, if not, I may have
to email you a temporary PW...

 - Chris