[squeak-dev] Proposal: Morphs in Text

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 00:18:32 UTC 2019

> I'm a little late here.
> TextMorph does not really need TextAnchor I think.
> You can just drop morphs on the text and select avoid occlusions in the menu.
> What are the use of text anchors instead just dropped in morphs ?
> I filed in TextAnchorPlacement change set and it interferes somewhat with the avoid occlusions functions.

I was wondering about the 'avoid occlusions' but spent all my focus on
the alignment testing, thanks for testing that too!

We should not break that.  I like this new alignment capability, but
classic DTP text-handling is one of Squeak's most impressive
capabilities.  Hopefully an easy fix..?

 - Chris