[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-ct.852.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Jul 1 07:13:34 UTC 2019

Hi Christoph,

you could use the pattern for optional arguments in model callbacks such as in SimpleHierarchicalListMorph >> #keyStrokeAction: or EventHandler >> #send:to:withEvent:fromMorph:.

Or, since #aboutToStyle: is a hard-coded callback, you could just support another hard-coded version: #aboutToStyle:fromMorph:. Check it with #respondsTo: such as in TextEditor >> #evaluateSelectionAndDo:.

(In 2015, I removed the #respondsTo: check from PluggableTextMorphPlus >> #okToStyle:. Not sure why. Maybe performance reasons. I suppose that if a client configured #styler, that extra check felt unnecssary.)

Best,
Marcel