[squeak-dev] Proposal: Morphs in Text

Patrick Rein patrick.rein at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Jul 7 19:20:36 UTC 2019

To quote my earlier proposal:

To make this more robust I would propose:

1.) When activating occlusion we also set the wrapFlag

2.) We do not try to avoid occlusions as long as the morph does not have an owner yet.

adjustX adjusts the Paragraph bounds to the rightmost character. This does not make sense for TextContainers as they dictate the rightmost point for layouting. (Even if you make that work, there are other such constraints (I tried it :))). Thus when having a TextContainer the wrapFlag should always be set to true.

At the same time it is right that pre-formatted text should also work with occlusion ideally. but this goes beyond the initial bug we are trying to fix here (at least that was my impression).

Bests
Patrick

⁣BlueMail for Android herunterladen ​