[squeak-dev] LargeInteger parsing (?) broken between 5.2b and update 18615

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Sat Jul 20 17:29:07 UTC 2019

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019, tim Rowledge wrote:

>> On 2019-07-20, at 1:32 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe related to this? http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-Kernel-nice-1224-mcz-td5098877.html
>
> Perhaps?
>
> More info as I descend into the depths of code I'd prefer never to have to think about -
> All seems ok down to Parser>parseCue:noPattern:ifFail: where I can get down to the
> [methNode := self method: noPattern context: cue]
>    on: ReparseAfterSourceEditing
> The debuggersteps to the Do block as usual and when I step over that in order to try the method:context: it simply locks up everything. Which is a bit of a surprise. That ReparseAfterSourceEditing isn't anything to do with recent Shout changes is it?

No, that has nothing to do with Shout. Shout has its own parser, and it
was last modified in April.

Also, you have to click on Through to be able to debug #method:context:.
Over will just execute that block without the debugger entering it.

Btw, I remember running into an error related to LargeInteger parsing, but
a updating my image fixed it. What's the version of Kernel in your image?

Levente