[squeak-dev] Senders "too thorough"

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Jul 22 08:04:57 UTC 2019

Hi Levente,

should be fixed in Trunk in Collections-mt.845.
http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-Collections-mt-845-mcz-tp5101475.html [http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-Collections-mt-845-mcz-tp5101475.html]

Best,
Marcel
Am 21.07.2019 17:58:00 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
Hi Levente,

thanks for the pointer. I will take a look at it tomorrow. :-)

Best,
Marcel
Am 20.07.2019 13:36:28 schrieb Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu>:
Hi All,

With the recent changes of literal searching, I've found something
unusual.
If you evaluate the following snippet, there will be some false positives
(e.g. Scanner >> #initialize) on the list.
These methods do not reference the searched literal, but they reference a
class variable (TypeTable), which happens to be an array containing the
searched symbol:

SystemNavigation default browseAllCallsOn: #xLitQuote.

The reason why it appears is that CompiledCode >> #hasLiteral: will try
Object >> #hasLiteral: first, which uses #allLiteralsDo:, which descends
into the value of the binding of the TypeTable class variable and finds the symbol.

Levente