[squeak-dev] Efficient Implementation of the Smalltalk-80 System: what was the hardware?

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 05:43:40 UTC 2019

If the paper was published in '84 that would probably put them on a Sun-1
(released in '82, max 2MB) or *possibly* Sun-2 (released in '83, max 8MB)
 However, RAM was relatively expensive (one of the most expensive expansion
options) back then and it wasn't common to max it out unless you had deep
pockets.