[squeak-dev] Raspberry Pi 4

Alejandro Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Wed Jun 26 13:11:37 UTC 2019

For zero cost and inmediate use of Smalltalk on the pi,

  64bits and with easy/transparent integration with any native library

  we are using S8 Smalltalk runnning on top of node.js or Lua VMs

  (the same S8 kernel run on top of both VMs).

Using the U8 tools (browsers, references, workspaces, action lists) (*)

  remotelly the system can be developed from any desktop computer

  or android device, exchanging objects and smalltalk code...(**)

as we do on any place where S8 smalltalk is running.

More on using S8 in the PI can be found at

http://alereimondo.no-ip.org/U8

See platforms pi8 (S8 on top of node.js) and m8n (S8 on Lua).

In case of interest about using Smalltalk on multiple platforms

(or about social software development with Smalltalk)

  join us https://www.facebook.com/groups/s8smalltalk

cheers,

Ale

(*) through framework for fast exchange of objects to/from VSE, Squeak and

  or any other smalltalk system capable to do sockets

(**) see the U8 swiki at "UI8 tools"