[squeak-dev] monticello repository creation

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Fri Jun 28 21:22:48 UTC 2019

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019, tim Rowledge wrote:

> So I was able to make an adequate seeming MC server for myself using Sven's WebClient-Monticello package; it's amazing how little needed to be added, a good demonstration of how useful a decent WebServer class can be.
>
> A question for the crowd - has anyone been using MC behind https connections? Without having had time to do much digging on this I'm guessing that using an Apache proxy to provide external https access and passing it to the MC server image ought to be fine. Any actual experiences you can share?

source.squeak.org has https enabled a while ago. I've been using it for a
few months for uploading/accessing the repository from the MC
browser without any issues.
So, I think we should change the default repositories in the Trunk image,
provided the SSL plugin works on all platforms.
However, there's a catch when you try to change the update url preference
in the image, because the updater stores the version number for the url,
and by default the version number for the new url will be 1.

Levente