[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-ct.852.mcz

Christoph Thiede christoph.thiede at outlook.de
Sun Jun 30 20:26:21 UTC 2019

My desire was to activate styling in the Debugger's inspector panes for the
case you type some expression into one of the panes. Unfortunately with this
commit, each string representation of a selected instance/temporary var is
styled as well. This is a general proposal about the Inspector: Do you think
it would be a good idea to disable the styling when any variable is
selected, and to activate it on any editText event?

As far as I found out, there is no option to identify the relevant
PluggableTextMorphPlus from #aboutToStyle:, so my only idea would be to
remember the morph in an instvar of the Inspector and set its styler each
time* to nil respectively a styler object. But that looks kind of hacky to
myself ...
*The styler would have to be updated in #toggleIndex: as well as in a
selector like #editText:, where the latter does not exist yet.

Do you think styling in Inspector would be worth these changes? Is there any
better way to toggle styling (but looking at Workspace>>#toggleStyling, I do
not think so)? Or would it even be worth thinking about introducing a custom
selector to be called in PluggableTextMorphPlus>>#okToStyle?

I would be glad about any advices!