[squeak-dev] SqueakMap updating fails to update files

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Mar 15 20:28:40 UTC 2019

> On 2019-03-15, at 1:22 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> If you click "Edit Release" on "Version382" it shows this:
> ____
> (FileDirectory default  directoryExists: 'ScratchSkin') ifFalse:[
> UIManager default inform: 'Before loading this package you must
> download\ http://download.scratch.mit.edu/source-code/ScratchSkin1.4.zip\
> and unzip it to create the ScratchSkin directory\ with all the
> required media files.' withCRs.
> ^0].
> (Installer repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/NuScratch' )
> install: 'NuScratch-tpr.381.mcz'
> ____
>
> The first line looks for a file at
> http://download.scratch.mit.edu/source-code/ScratchSkin1.4.zip\.
>
> I get a 404 when I tried to access it.

That's odd but probably fixable. At least I hope so, t'would be unpleasant if MIT have withdrawn it in some mena-spirited manner.

> Okay, so then the second line goes after something on
> squeaksource.com, which is down right now.

Urk, well it seemed to be ok something like an hour ago

> I think the problems lie with everything _except_ SqueakMap for the moment.

.. except the just mentioned timeouts when trying to saved a release update to it.

tim
..... REALITY.SYS Corrupted - Unable to recover Universe