[squeak-dev] The Inbox: TraitsTests-pre.19.mcz

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 22:32:05 UTC 2019

Hi.

Similar to Jakob, I have used traits in the past.
And I plan to use them again shortly.

In both cases, I have used them in conjunction with PetitParser for AST
modelling - there are certain commonalities across the classes that don't
necessarily conform to abstract/subclass hierarchies that have made them
useful in the past (for my COBOL parser) and may also apply in the near
future for my DB2 SQL parser.  At least for the later, I'd prefer to
implement what is needed in Traits instead of forcing the abstract
superclass for the AST model.

And this time around I've been ruminating about adding the support needed
to make this more useful for work as well.  If there are other folks
interested (sounds like Patrick and Jakob might be), then all the better.

cbc