[squeak-dev] What are the current use cases for traits? (was: The Inbox: TraitsTests-pre.19.mcz)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Mar 31 02:54:16 UTC 2019

Changing the subject line to focus on Levente's question.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 06:43:11PM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> What are the current use cases for traits?

In order to experiment with Git based repositories, I have loaded the
Tonel package from the github repositories of Jakob Reschke.

	Installer ensureRecentMetacello.
	(Smalltalk classNamed: #Metacello) new
	   repository: 'github://j4yk/tonel:squeak';
	   baseline: 'Tonel';
	   load.

This brings in the FS-AnsiStreams package, which uses traits.

Having traits in Squeak allows me to load this package.

Dave