[squeak-dev] About EToys-cmm.342.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue May 7 23:48:38 UTC 2019

Hi all, in working on input-coercion of scalar types passed in to
GraphQL operations, I need to know whether a parsed object is actually
one of the Booleans.  Yes, I could write "input = true or: [ input =
false ]", but would prefer the same elegance provided by our other
type-testing methods like isString, isInteger, isFloat, isNil,
isPoint, etc.

However, I noticed EToys had already implemented #isBoolean and didn't
want to overload it.  The Etoys usage is in conjunction with querying
the "type" of another object, so renamed those to #isBooleanType.

Best,
  Chris