[squeak-dev] Resolving relative paths to a URL (FileUrl, not URI class)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon May 13 12:04:00 UTC 2019

ProjectLauncher>>startUpAfterLogin uses HierarchicalURI>>resolveRelativeURI:
to resolve a relative path to a script file to run. URI is deprecated and
replaced by classes in Network-Url. However, those classes do not seem to
have any method for resolving a relative path name to a fully qualified URL.

I expect that we probably need an equivalent implementation in FileUrl
that knows how to take a String argument and answer a FileUrl with the
fully resolved path.

Does this sound right?

Thanks,
Dave