[squeak-dev] Running Squeak fro ma unix shell script file with #! squeak...

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 05:56:23 UTC 2019

Hi Tim,

On Mon, 20 May 2019 at 06:57, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> Two apparent bugs also require some thought and probably solving by someone else
> a) Windows appears to be unable to write to stdout - and probably therefore  unable to read from stdin - despite the code appearing to be in the VM sources.

I haven't checked the squeak image, but the VM uses the Windows
ReadConsole() and WriteConsole() functions, so it has to be a DOS box
running the console version of the exe, i.e. for Pharo use
PharoConsole.exe.

For cygwin I've thought of using FFI to call fprintf(1, ...), but
never got around to trying it.

> b) Ubuntu (at least)  seems to have a problem with stdout etc not being initialised properly unless we reset the StartUpList order. Why Raspbian did not have that problem I can't imagine - they're both Debian based IIRC.

Yes (they're both Debian based).