[squeak-dev] CommandLineUIManager

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Fri Nov 1 18:35:02 UTC 2019

Hi Christoph,

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 7:29 PM Thiede, Christoph <
Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> does Squeak already support something like a CommandLineUIManager?

I know about Squeak Shell:
http://forum.world.st/ANN-The-Squeak-Shell-td4905613.html

Check out its debugger integration. But that's different to what you are
proposing.

> For example, #inform: should print the argument on stdout, #request: could
> read a line from stdin, and #informUserDuring: could print an ascii-styled
> progress bar.
>

> As far as I found out, Squeak only has a CommandLineToolSet. Am I missing
> a class? Do you think this would be a useful extension?

Could you elaborate on your use case? Is this simply to be able to write
interactive cmd scripts in Squeak?

Best,
Fabio