[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-cmm.858.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Nov 5 07:41:14 UTC 2019

Hi Chris.

Nice catch!

+1 for adding #keysInOrder and using it in #printElementsOn:.

-1 for choosing 'printing' as category of #keysInOrder (and #keysSortedSafely). Maybe 'accessing' instead?
-1 for not having a comment in #keysInOrder ... could you explain the idea of "order" in contrast to "as is" with just a few words? :-) So that one can figure out when to use #keysSortedSafely and when to pick #keysInOrder

Hmmm... does "keys in order" sound almost like "are keys in order" and thus like a boolean result? I have no idea. :-D Did you also consider "keysOrdered" or "orderedKeys"? Just thinking about Color class >> #orderedCrayonColors.

Anyway, good idea. :-) I suppose that even if this method is used in any serialization format, the order would not harm the integrity of the contents.

Best,
Marcel