[squeak-dev] Changeset: ShoutAttribute & semi-styling

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Nov 11 10:07:00 UTC 2019

Hi, there.

Styling in HelpTopic is "under construction" because of how tool builder works. There is usually a lot of "initialization code" which is challenging to toggle at a tool's run-time:

- styling on/off
- fixed (monospaced) font?
- horizontal scrolling on/off (or text wrapping on/off)

Consequently, things that seem to be "under construction" in Squeak's Help Browser might actually be "under construction" in the tool builder (and all it's specs and relationships to pluggable morphs [Morphic] or pluggable views [ST80/MVC]):

- A new event for changed/update would make sense?
- What are the default values of properties if no further values are specified?
- Is a default value coded in a widgets #initialize or in a tool's (or model's) #buildWith: or in the spec's #ifNil: or in the (tool) builder's #buildPluggable*:? Or at all places together? What are the override priorities then?

Further code readings:

HelpBrowser >> #buildWith:
HelpBrowser >> #buildCodeContentsWith:
HelpBrowser >> #aboutToStyle: