[squeak-dev] Changeset: ShoutAttribute & semi-styling

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Nov 11 11:20:01 UTC 2019

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the overview.

However, I'd be curious why and when we should ever want font to be monospaced or text wrapping to be disabled for text or Smalltalk code? From my point of view, monospacing is a relic of programming languages that provide bad readability due to a complicated or counter-intuitive syntax, and horizontal scroll bars are inconvenient at all, as exceedingly few mouses support 2D scrolling (I don't even know whether Squeak supports them :D) and you cannot read the whole line at once. Just my two cents :-)

Styling, on the other hand, should be dynamic if we simply always use a PluggableCodePaneSpec?

Best,

Christoph