[squeak-dev] workspace issue

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Nov 15 08:21:10 UTC 2019

Hmmm... a first step could be to correctly mark the overrides as overrides. There are so many extensions to the base system that it's hard to figure out the problematic ones like the one in Parser.

In the MathMorphsRevival repository in squeaksource.com, the versions are all quite old:

MorphicWrappers-edc.3 ... 4 December 2007, 9:27:41 am

Functions-zz.4 ... 17 November 2006, 7:47:23 am

This suggests that the code still considers Squeak 3.7 or 3.8. Not 5.1.

Best,
Marcel
Am 14.11.2019 19:20:47 schrieb tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org>:

> On 2019-11-14, at 6:43 AM, David Duke wrote:
>
> screenshot attached.
> The method appears to be in *morphicwrappers-error correction
>
> and I had indeed installed Morphic-Wrappers. Is this my problem then?

It's fairly old code - as evidenced by the fact that you had to permit underscore assignments. I see that the MathMorphs package got updated for 5.1 in 2014 (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1195) *but* the latest version of MorphicWrappers pointed to still has that same version of the correctVariable:interval: method.

The (relatively) good news is that this suggests a change since 5.1 has made the stuff actually go wrong, so the search space is a bit more manageable. The less good news is that the method got massively refactored in 2009 and the prior version to that from 2005 was already very different to the copy in MorphicWrappers-edc.3 So we'd need to look at the full history and find the version just prior to 11/4/2000 to work out what change was intended and make whatever equivalent change to the current version.

Or better yet, we get the attention of the folks that last took care of the MathMorphs and hope they can sort it out ;-)

tim
Useful random insult:- Puts a finger in his ear so the draft through his head isn't annoying.