[squeak-dev] Very puzzling bug found trying MathMorph

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 07:23:08 UTC 2019

I was trying to see If I can use something from the MathMorphRevival
project when I found this very puzzling bug. I don't understand how this
can be. I hope you can enlight me.

I installed MathMorph via SqueakMap, in Squeak 5.2.

I run this [OK, working]
> XYPlotter example2 plot asMorph openInWorld.

I "Explore/Inspect" this [OK Working]
> XYPlotter new

I run this [Ok, no error]
> |tmp|
> tmp := XYPlotter new.

I run this [WOW, I get an error, i am very surprised]
> tmp := XYPlotter new.

Can you explain me how that is at all possible ? (XYPlotter new) should be
evaluated and its value (pointer) set into some dictionary in the
Workspace, that Is what I thought. I see I am missing something important
here.

bye
Nicola