[squeak-dev] SqueakSource mail/smtp setup

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Fri Nov 29 10:31:25 UTC 2019

Hi Tim,

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019, tim Rowledge wrote:

> I've been having 'fun' again with my personal squeaksource adventures.
>
> This time it is getting commit mails to actually send; in case I probably need to modify things to use SecureSMTPClient (assuming anyone thinks it still works?) and in another test case I need to change the default port.

You'll only need SecureSMTPClient if your SMTP server uses port 465
to accept mails.
If it uses port 587, then SMTPClient will handle the TLS encryption for
you. But it'll still require a few tweaks. Here's how we create an
SMTPClient to send mails through gmail:

         | client |
         client := SMTPClient new.
         client hostName: 'smtp.gmail.com'.
         client
                 user: '<username>';
                 password: '<password>';
                 localHostName: '127.0.0.1';
                 openOnHost: (NetNameResolver addressForName: 'smtp.gmail.com') port: 587.

Levente