[squeak-dev] Smalltalk>>#platformName

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 01:10:07 UTC 2019

I was trying to find out all possible values of this message.  Browsing
senders reveals a need to factor this out into a first-class SqueakPlatform
-- we have way too many places which employ switch statements to determine
what to do:

    Smalltalk platformName = "Mac OS"
       ifTrue:
          [ #('/System/Library/Fonts' '/Library/Fonts') do: [:fontDir |
aBlock value: fontDir]. ]

Others check for "Win32", I'm not sure what #platformName is answering on
64-bit VM on Windows these days, could someone running Windows please tell
me?

Still others check for "Risc OS" or "unix".  So, the full list I have so
far is:

    unix
    Win32
    Mac OS
    Risc OS

If you know of any others, please let me know.

 - Chris