[squeak-dev] Installer cleverness (was Re: The Inbox: Installer-Core-tpr.434.mcz)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 22:19:48 UTC 2019

> Not as part of the release process, but simply regular development of the
packages affected by new dependency requirements.  These are logical
package hierarchies (i.e., just the names and repositories, no notion of
physical "versions" anywhere), so its only when a developer enhances a
package to suddenly need an all-new dependent that they would update its
package-definition in Installer.

Yes, sure; but I'd argue that we should try to make sure they all actually
work as part of the release process. Things get broken...

You're welcome to, but keep in mind they could start failing again the very
next day.  These are for loading the (head) versions so can never be
guaranteed to work.  That's why we make fixed versions entry's for each
release, to have one that provides that guarantee.

 - Chris