[squeak-dev] [Squeak5.3a][Test] RefactoringTools --> deprecation warning in Sunit-tests when version for 5.2 is used / maintainer?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Sep 2 12:18:45 UTC 2019

Hi Hannes,

to my knowledge, the "most recent" version of refactoring tools can be loaded via Metacello:

Installer ss
project: 'MetacelloRepository';
addPackage: 'ConfigurationOfRefactoringTools';
install.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfRefactoringTools) project load.

That project integrates "RefactoringBrowser" into Squeak's system browser:
http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/RefactoringToolsForSqueak [http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/RefactoringToolsForSqueak]
The "Refactoring" and "AST" packages for "RefactoringBrowser" are located here:
http://www.squeaksource.com/rb [http://www.squeaksource.com/rb]

In one of our most recent lectures, we provided images (5.3alpha #18492) with the following versions, which seemed to work fine:

Refactoring-Core-lr.158
AST-Core-lr.92
RefactoringTools-mt.3

Looking at the repository, there are newer versions to be reviewed. We should update the metacello script (ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser) and maybe release 2.0.3 to be used in Squeak?

I will do some tests with the most recent versions in Trunk.

Best,
Marcel