[squeak-dev] [Proposal SUnit] Show number of tests and last duration

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 22:44:34 UTC 2019

A great start to detecting "performance failures".  +1

Now imagine if we added a variable to TestCase, say, 'timings', a
Dictionary of #testSelector -> lastRunDuration 's.  Then, any test more
than ~10% off its baseline would raise an Error (or.. PerformanceFailure?,
whatever).

There'd be a method, #resetBaselines to reset this Dictionary under the
same condition that we re-ask for developer initials -- when image detects
it has moved to a new location.  Since this this could mean possibly
different hardware, new baselines would need established to avoid spurious
failures.

>From a UI perspective, access to #resetBaselines should be sufficient --
once all are addressed or "okay'ed", the #resetBaselines would allow new
baselines to be captured on the next run...

 - Chris