[squeak-dev] Malfunction in OCompletion

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 10:06:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

Following the Help I installed OCompletion with:
----------
(Installer ss project: 'OCompletion')
       addPackage: 'OcompletionSqueakCompatibility';
     addPackage: 'Ocompletion';
     install.
(Smalltalk at: #ECToolSet) register.
(Smalltalk at: #ToolSet) default: (Smalltalk at: #ECToolSet).
----------

This broke 2 things:

1] Now I have automatic closure of of ' " ( [ ... Which I do not like.

2] Now the Alt+' (and similar) do not act as toggle.
Example. if I write 123, highlight it, then press 2 times Alt+' I get
'123'''
The proper result should be
123

My image is clean, I was just installing all my preferred packages, one
at a time, when I discovered that it is 'OCompletion' that mangles the
quote/braces defaults and the toggle.

Bye
Nicola