[squeak-dev] Installing various versions of squeaksource is problematic

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Sep 9 08:26:14 UTC 2019

> On 29.08.2019, at 03:06, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> Assuming for a moment that the loading process previously mentioned worked well enough, just how does one actually start squeaksource serving? I can't see any obvious seaside-like control panel, haven't found any class with a comment describing this... what do I do?

Hmm,  there should be a Seaside Control Panel in Apps after loading..

you can start it with

	WAControlPanel openDefault

you can work with the server(s)/adaptor(s) via

	WAAdmin defaultServerManager

(for example
	WAAdmin defaultServerManager startAll
	WAAdmin defaultServerManager adaptors
	WAAdmin serverAdaptors
)

or start the WebClient/WebServer-based adaptor directly:

	WAWebServerAdaptor start "if there's a default already"
	WAWebServerAdaptor startOn: aPort.

=-=-=-=-=

For SqueakSource, the class

	SSInstallWizzard

registers itself on load as a Seaside application (see class-side #register)
and (assuming defaults) can be started at

	http://localhost:8080/installSS

which guides you thoug the SqueakSource-setup.

Here some sane choices:
	well known name:	leave empty
	storage class:	Filesystem for larger installs on squeak, Dictionary for quick, small assesments, Nested dictionary for GemStone or slightly larger Squeak stuff, slow disks and so on.

=-=-=-=-=

hth
Best regards
	-Tobias