[squeak-dev] Using squeak rfb/vnc server with unix server stuff

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Sep 10 19:49:08 UTC 2019

I've been doing some work to use the personal squeaksource package and having some problems that Chris has been helping me with-

BUT

I simply can't work out how to get a connection from one squeak image running the rfb/vnc viewer to another running the server *when that image is run via daemontools*. If you run the server image directly (as in ./vm/squeak -vm display-none ss.image run.st where the run.st includes starting up the vnc server etc) then you get the expected no window running of the image but the vnc viewer connects to it easily. Run the same command as part of a daemontools service and the viewer cannot connect.

Somebody out there must know why....

tim
A fool and his money are soon partying