[squeak-dev] Login issues with map|bugs.squeak.orb

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 06:04:59 UTC 2019

On 9/10/19 10:20 PM, Ken Causey wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:07 AM Nicola Mingotti <nmingotti at gmail.com
> <mailto:nmingotti at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Hi Ken,
>
>     On 9/10/19 9:57 PM, Ken Causey wrote:
>>
>>     On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 11:18 PM Nicola Mingotti
>>     <nmingotti at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>         Hi,
>>
>>         -] I suppose the username/password for Squeakmap and Mantis
>>         are the same, is it so ?
>>

>>     No, these sites are entirely independent and have separate
>>     account management.
>
>     Then, where do I register a username for bugs.squeak.org ?
>

> I'm really out of touch with Squeak these days.  I think
> bugs.squeak.org <http://bugs.squeak.org> has been deprecated now for a
> few years and that new account creation has been disabled.  However, I
> don't recall now where a new account could be created.  I still have
> admin access and it appears that I can create an account.  But I think
> bug reports are preferred on the squeak-dev list now, or even better
> with tests and fixes inserted into the inbox.
>
> Ken

I am new to Squeak, just a couple of months I am deep into it.

-] If user creation has been disabled then it makes no much sense for me
to require an account.

-] On the other side, collapsing the bug report to the Dev-mailing-list
does not seem a good idea. My experience in FreeBSD is that for several
software packages I filed bugs report, but for a small subset of them I
tried to fix it myself.

-] It is true also that in Squeak it seems to me the difficulty gap
between finding a bug and trying to fix it is much shorter respect to
any other language I saw before.

=> In conclusion, I will give up Mantis and try to report bugs here
unless it is decided to re-open user registration.

bye
Nicola