[squeak-dev] Changing the hostWindowTitle permanently

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Sep 11 10:27:18 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I already came across this thread<http://forum.world.st/How-can-the-main-window-title-in-Squeak-and-Pharo-be-set-td4662787.html>, but it doesn't solve my actual concern: How can I change the hostWindowTitle permanently, so that it will be kept even after reopening the VM? All variants mentioned in the linked thread work for me (Windows), but only during the current VM session. The Squeak.ini way is good to know, but as I have installed multiple images which I run with the same unique VM instance, this does not allow me to distinguish between the different images.

Is there a better solution than adding a line into DisplayScreen>>#startUp?

If not, how would you think about introducing a class var (plus accessors) for DisplayScreen in the Trunk, in order to allow users to set a different default title?

[cid:02d8b3b0-8df1-40f2-a532-63d13f4260cf]

Best,

Christoph