[squeak-dev] Gateway Time-outs on source.squeak.org

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 01:28:06 UTC 2019

Hi Marcel,

I did some investigating on the server.  I found these entries in the log:

  2019-09-12T11:15:58.125222+00:00 PUT /trunk/update-mt.453.mcm (mt)
  2019-09-12T11:23:54.681303+00:00 PUT /trunk/update-pre.453.mcm (pre)
  2019-09-12T11:24:03.604443+00:00 update-pre.453 of trunk --> committed to
ss.magma

There should've been a commit message for yours.  The fact it didn't, and
the fact you didn't get a response both suggest it had an exception upon
trying to process your .mcm before it got to the part where it saves.
Below is basically all what it does.  Please substitute "aString", below,
with the total literal contents of your update-mt.453.mcm file, and do-it.
My guess is, it'll blow somewhere.  It would be nice if either the Squeak
client and/or SqueakSource server would provide you better error-handling
in that situation.

(MCMcmReader
on: aString readStream
fileName: anUrl) version repositories do: [ : each | each description ]

Please let me know how that goes, because I did make a change to a critical
method yesterday, and I *thought* I may have broken something.  But I
reviewed it again, very closely, and I can't see any problem with it.

Best,
   Chris