[squeak-dev] The Trunk: CommandLine-mt.14.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Tue Sep 17 10:14:26 UTC 2019

Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of CommandLine to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/CommandLine-mt.14.mcz

Name: CommandLine-mt.14
Author: mt
Time: 17 September 2019, 12:14:25.642406 pm
UUID: b5e83276-0986-e641-8586-162ae1c5c811
Ancestors: CommandLine-pre.13

Refactoring of process debugging. Complements System-mt.1093

=============== Diff against CommandLine-pre.13 ===============

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: CommandLineToolSet class>>debugContext:label:contents: (in category 'debugging') -----
- debugContext: aContext label: aString contents: contents
- 	"We can't open a command line debugger, so just log the error and carry on."
- 	| s |
- 	s := FileStream stderr.
- 	s
- 		nextPutAll: self className;
- 		nextPutAll: ': ';
- 		nextPutAll: aString;
- 		cr;
- 		nextPutAll: contents;
- 		cr.
- 	(aContext stackOfSize: 20) do: [:ctx | ctx printOn: s. s cr].
- 	s flush.!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: CommandLineToolSet class>>debugError: (in category 'debugging') -----
- debugError: anError
- 	"Print out a sensible stack trace and bail"
- 	self saveSnapshotOnError ifTrue: [ Smalltalk saveAs: 'Debug-' , Smalltalk imageEntry name ].
- 	anError printVerboseOn: FileStream stderr.
- 	FileStream stderr flush.
- 	Smalltalk
- 		snapshot: false
- 		andQuit: true!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: CommandLineToolSet class>>debugMethod:forReceiver:inContext: (in category 'debugging') -----
+ debugMethod: aCompiledMethod forReceiver: anObject inContext: aContext
+ 	"We can't open a command line debugger, so just log the event, run that method, and carry on."
+
+ 	FileStream stderr
+ 		nextPutAll: self className;
+ 		nextPutAll: ': Debug Method';
+ 		cr;
+ 		nextPutAll: aCompiledMethod getSource asString;
+ 		cr;
+ 		nextPutAll: anObject printString;
+ 		cr;
+ 		nextPutAll: aContext printString;
+ 		flush.
+
+ 	aCompiledMethod
+ 		valueWithReceiver: anObject
+ 		arguments: (aContext ifNil: [#()] ifNotNil: [{aContext}]).!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: CommandLineToolSet class>>debugProcess:context:label:contents:fullView: (in category 'debugging') -----
+ debugProcess: aProcess context: aContext label: aString contents: contents fullView: aBool
+ 	"We can't open a command line debugger, so just log the error and carry on."
+
+ 	| s |
+ 	s := FileStream stderr.
+ 	s
+ 		nextPutAll: self className;
+ 		nextPutAll: ': ';
+ 		nextPutAll: aString;
+ 		cr;
+ 		nextPutAll: contents;
+ 		cr.
+ 	(aContext stackOfSize: 20) do: [:ctx | ctx printOn: s. s cr].
+ 	s flush.!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: CommandLineToolSet class>>debugSyntaxError: (in category 'debugging') -----
- debugSyntaxError: anError
- 	FileStream stderr
- 		 nextPutAll: '----- Syntax error -----' ;
- 		 cr ;
- 		 nextPutAll: anError errorCode ;
- 		 cr ;
- 		 nextPutAll: '----- Syntax error -----' ;
- 		 cr ;
- 		 flush.
- 	self debugError: anError!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: CommandLineToolSet class>>handleError: (in category 'debugging - handlers') -----
+ handleError: anError
+ 	"Print out a sensible stack trace and bail"
+ 	self saveSnapshotOnError ifTrue: [ Smalltalk saveAs: 'Debug-' , Smalltalk imageEntry name ].
+ 	anError printVerboseOn: FileStream stderr.
+ 	FileStream stderr flush.
+ 	Smalltalk
+ 		snapshot: false
+ 		andQuit: true!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: CommandLineToolSet class>>handleSyntaxError: (in category 'debugging - handlers') -----
+ handleSyntaxError: anError
+ 	FileStream stderr
+ 		 nextPutAll: '----- Syntax error -----' ;
+ 		 cr ;
+ 		 nextPutAll: anError errorCode ;
+ 		 cr ;
+ 		 nextPutAll: '----- Syntax error -----' ;
+ 		 cr ;
+ 		 flush.
+ 	self handleError: anError!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: CommandLineToolSet class>>handleUserInterruptRequest: (in category 'debugging - handlers') -----
+ handleUserInterruptRequest: aString
+
+ 	self saveSnapshotOnError ifTrue: [ Smalltalk saveAs: 'Debug-' , Smalltalk imageEntry name ].
+
+ 	FileStream stderr nextPutAll: aString.
+ 	FileStream stderr flush.
+ 	Smalltalk
+ 		snapshot: false
+ 		andQuit: true!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: CommandLineToolSet class>>handleWarning: (in category 'debugging - handlers') -----
+ handleWarning: aWarning
+
+ 	self handleError: aWarning.!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: DummyUIManager>>openDebugger:on:context:label:contents:fullView: (in category 'ui project indirecting') -----
- openDebugger: aDebugger on: process context: context label: title contents: contentsStringOrNil fullView: bool
- 	"open a debugger - the two versions for mvc & morphic are very close and can surely be merged so that this can be removed"
- 	^nil!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: DummyUIManager>>resumeDebugger:process: (in category 'ui project indirecting') -----
- resumeDebugger: aDebugger process: aTopView
- 	"resume a debugger - the two versions for mvc & morphic are very close and can surely be merged so that this can be removed"
- 	^nil!