[squeak-dev] #printOn: as serialization format ... ;-)

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Tue Sep 17 15:27:33 UTC 2019

My youth experience in Lisp (and no, I'm not that old) tells me, sure the
printed strings should be readable/evualuable expressions if possible. ;-)

IMHO if a "constructor expression" for the printed object is concise and
legible enough, it makes a fine print string. Why not?

In the example you showed, we can discuss about coupling though. This
implementation depends on the stability and parseability of the print
string implementation of other objects...